View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
TheSeeker

Thanks Freedom.

She told me she had reached a low point before we had started seeing each other. She said that she couldn't stand the thought of causing her parents any more grief. She said a lot of things...unfortunately, they're just words and words seem to be powerless against this disease.

I am just absolutely crushes by this whole situation. I was very hesitant to get involved with her to begin with, but I convinced myself that she seemed seriously commited to her recovery and was still young enough to really have a good chance at it. I really hope she still can. I am torn between "being there" and preserving myself from the mental and emotional drain that has accompanied this aspect of our relationship. I may not have to worry about it, as she has broken up with me and eliminated me from her facebook. It hurts. It hurts to feel that alcohol is more important than the love of another human being, but I keep telling myself that this isn't really her...I got a glimpse of her when she was doing well, and I fell in love with that person, but she is not the same and it is heartbreaking. I hate it for her and for me, because she really is a special and unique individual.