View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Fandy

my new dog, a 4 year old Pom is also a rescue dog! Sammy was an expensive purebred Pom who was neglected by his original owners...they left him outside with no shelter in all kinds of weather, were too lazy to walk him, train him, groom him and never got him neutered....consequently he was marking and had terrible anxiety.

I am happy to say that he is adjusting beautifully, he is happy at my house, doing very well with housetraining and the crate. he gets LOTS of attention, has 3 cats for entertainment and he has become the rock star of my neighborhood, everyone greets him when we go for a walk....SOBER.

his foster mom and I stay in touch, I feel I made the best choice to aid my sobriety by adopting him, he is loving and gives great positivity to me every day.

someone (or me) has to go back a couple of whiner threads and re-post his pic. I will try to get to it later today, but if anyone else wants to, feel free.

there is a bit of biotch-slapping from the cats, but for the most part we all get along now....lots of patience from me and the cats