Thread: Feeling guilty
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sofacat
work in progress

Steve I could have written that myself!

When I separated from Mr.Sofa I too had to go through a detox period of my own. After living with and FOR an addict for 10 years, I didn't know whether I was coming or going. After being lied to so many times and allowing myself to be manipulated for SO long, I just didn't know what to think, or how to feel anymore. I had gotten SO used to doubting MYSELF with Him, and I allowed myself to let him play mind games with Me. We call it the ole' "Switcharoo" game....where THEY were doing something wrong, but pinned it all back on you....Yes, I still doubted myself for separating from Him.

My mind had been operating on that level for SO long, I just couldn't see anything clearly.

Give yourself some time. It's a wild ride you just got off of and it will take you a minute (a long minute) to get your head and heart back.

Do you have the book Codependent No More? It's been a saving grace for Me and many others, and has helped me understand my role in all of this. As do the people here in SR.

Try to take things one day at a time. Ease yourself back in to the life you deserve to have for yourself, and know that many of us here understand EXACTLY what you are going through.

Baby steps.