View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Welcome to SR and know that you are not alone!!! All of us are here for a reason and that is to get sober, remain sober and to hopefully help others as we have been helped.

SR is a full of support and tons of stories and experience that all of us in some way can relate or connect to.

Taking it one day at a time is important but the first step for me was tossing out the booze and never taking a sip. Oh it can be hard even a week after stopping. The alcoholic mind can tell you that just one won't hurt and that you can moderate. Alcoholics do not know moderation. I know that right now if I were to have one drink.....then I would have a bottle or two until either I ran out and had no way to get more or I would pass out.

The key is to remaining sober is your recovery. I used SR and counseling to help me come to grips with underlying issues and it helped me find constructive positive ways to live my life outside of the bottle. Positive change was critical for me. Just beating the same path was what brought me right back to the bottle each time.

You can do this friend but yes...will power is needed to keep your from reaching for the bottle at first but a solid program of recovery will help you see how amazing sobriety is and to help you start your new life.

All the best!!