View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Hi Murray and Growbot! Welcome.

I'm an atheist-leaning agnostic; I agree with carlri that I can't prove a negative and therefore can't really call myself an atheist. No evidence either way (also I have no evidence that pink unicorns-- or celestial teapots, or Flying Spaghetti Monsters-- do or do not exist. Just sayin'...) I tried very hard to fit into some religious group. I went through a lot of them but I never felt comfortable with any of them until I realized it was because I was trying to force myself to believe something that just doesn't work in my brain. I became much happier and more comfortable in my beliefs once I figured out what they are... though this never seems to end.

I actually think I am one of the most powerful forces in my life, for good or bad. I'm certainly not even worth a hiccup in the rest of the universe... but that's nothing to worry about: the greatest human who ever lived is still food for worms. When I'm focused on doing things that are good for me I can be pretty awesome. There are smarter and more powerful people and things in the universe, but I do alright for myself. On the other hand when I'm focused on drinking myself silly and loading up my next hit... well then I'm not so awesome. But it all depends on me. Just look at my signature line: none but ourselves can free our minds.