View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Supercrew

I tried it a couple of times, but believe it or not, even though I would drink a case of real beer in a sitting, I have never enjoyed the taste of most beers. In my first round of sobriety a few years ago I tailgated with my boys before a football game. I came prepared with a case of N/A on ice. I proceeded to keep up with my buddies beer for beer, and drank about 18 of those suckers in 2 hours. I never caught a buzz, and had to urinate 20 times during the game...like normal. That was when I realized that I was an idiot. It tasted like crap, I forced 18 of them down my throat and all I was doing was trying to fit in with a bunch of drunks. I didn't find N/A a slippery slope, but more of a wake up call about drinking 20 of anything at a sitting can't be good for you. I always drank for effect and to fit in, N/A did neither for me, just made me realize what extent I would go to look like I was fitting in. Someone else might find N/A to be a trigger, I just found it to be a way to prove to myself that my alcoholism wasn't just physical it had alot of social aspects to it as well.