View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
steve1840

starting to breathe

i feel like i am starting to breathe a little better, like that the worst part is over for me. I have been re-reading posts, going through old threads and i came across some powerful stuff. one in particular asked "do you know me...you may not know me, but i know you, i'm an addict."

that flashed me back to stuff i experienced with this girl when we were living together before she hit the hard stuff. narcissistic personality disorder. as dangerous as an addict.

and i realized, wait a minute- i am lucky. yes she is a person i care about and love, but she is not my wife, girlfriend, mother of my child. i can detach.

then the otherside hits me- the girl has virtually no one she feels close too. if you detach, that leaves her lost and alone. then i remember what you all have told me, if she wants help, she will find it.

it plays out back and forth in my head.

then i am able to hold on to the thought, that i do not need to let this get to me. i do not need to voluntarily step into another person's whirlwind of trouble (the other thought returns that that is a harsh thing to think), but i need to duck from the flying debris so as to save myself. sure i can stand there and take the hit, but that doesnt help anyone