View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 12:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jane63

Hi Madeline and thank you for your reply!

That is about the amount I am currently up to {25-a day} and it is hard to believe that it has escalated this far! I remember reading about "other peoples" problems a year or so ago and thinking that was just awful...and now, it is me!

I have pretty much decided that a detox clinic would be the best way for me to go and still setting my sights for the second week of July. I have not found anything in my area except for our local hospital, but I really wish I could farther away from home! {I am in SE Ohio} I wonder if you have to make an apointment for these places or if they take you in short notice??

I read somewhere that they really make you quite "comfortable" in the detox clinics...given meds to help you sleep and for the "crazy legs" ETC...Is this true? I had thought I might be able to do this at home and have my husband help me {he says he would if that is what I want}, but I don't think my doctor would prescribe all the needed meds to help me through and I worry that I would be left to suffer through! {I have tried a detox before and know that I would need to sleep for about 3-days} I also have concerns that I would be denied my "Xanax" which I take for severe anxiety/stress and that I do not want to go off of! I am sure that while I was going through detox I would need to up my dosage abit anyways as even just the thought of it makes me so anxious and dizzy!

Can you tell me alittle bit more about your experience and how you feel now? Every little bit helps and any info is so appreciated! I hope you are doing better today and you should be so proud of yourself that you have come this far! ((((HUGS))))) to you! Take care!
Jane63