View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life4ME

So glad I found this site! Very few of my friends or family know of my struggle or that I quit. I drastically cut back mid June. Since then had 3 out of control drinking nights. I did not drink at all June 30 or July 1.

But Friday was my birthday and of course I deserved a few beers-- which turned into few more. Fortunately that night a friend called and he told me to lay off the beer that he could hear it in my voice. (and I thought I was fine) So today is Monday and I have not drank in 3 days. Lots and lots and lots of ice water! I like the way I look in the mirror!

The birthday beers and the way I felt the morning after were a big wake up call. I have not had physical withdrawal symptoms or physical cravings. I have not slept well but haven't for 3 months. I did take a nice short nap this afternoon! I feel much clearer! In control! Motivated! Now to get the cigarettes under control. Interesting my goal for my birthday gift for myself was to quit smoking. Have had a nice long 4 day weekend (avoided all festivities & parties) and am hoping returning to work tomorrow and a routine will help cut back on the cigarettes.