View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
newlookonlife10

The cons def. outweigh the pros.

Okay, so my ex girlfriend and I just broke up because she decided that smoking pot all day is much more important than having a meaningful and healthy relationship. When we first started dating, I would occasionally smoke with her and she seemed to really enjoy being with me. Whenever I bought weed, I would always give her some or share it when we smoked. I knew she liked to smoke weed more than I did but I really did not have a problem with it. I tried to do other activities that did not require getting high and she always told me that she could have fun without being high. All her friends were pretty much huge potheads and they were all very stupid and immature. I thought that my ex girlfriend was different from them because she acted a lot more mature about things. Well, I don't know how I missed it, but I realize she is a weed fiend who becomes a completely different person when she isn't smoking weed or high. She becomes very irritable, paranoid, unstable, and emotionally immature. She would tell me one thing, but do something completely different, and I feel pretty much used for weed and security. When I told her that I could no longer smoke weed because I would be drug tested due to my career choice in Criminal Justice, she basically decided I was not worth being with anymore. She would lie about how much she smoked when she was with her friends and seemed very secretive about her addiction. Later, I found out that she basically lied straight to my face about certain events and I even confronted her about it. I asked her in a very non confrontational manner, if there was anything she wanted to tell me. She kept insisting that she was being honest and that she would never lie to me. I knew something was up and I gave her many opportunities to tell me the truth but she never did. We had become very close in the past 9 months of dating, but I honestly don't feel like she was sincere with her feelings when I was with mine. She preferred to be with someone who was also a huge pothead and could give her all the free weed she craved. I tried my best to be a good boyfriend and always paid for her whenever we went out. I would always communicate my feelings and would always listen to how she felt when she was upset. The person she is with now is a complete loser who does nothing but smokes all the time with his pothead friends. The only thing he can give her that I cant, or not willing to do, is support her pot addiction. I am heartbroken from this turn of events because I thought I meant more to her than just weed. I will never date anyone who puts an addiction over a good, loving, healthy relationship ever again.

"Weed just amplifies traits such as greedyness, laziness, immature humour, and inconsiderateness, and discourages real, thoughtful insight, consideration, and empathy. "