Thread: I was triggered
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
coffeedrinker

Hammer,

The story about Kelsey Grammar carries much weight. I, too, don't want to screw not only this potential friendship up, but any of my future friendships up, with my own craziness.

Yes, I have had a part. I know that very well, and I'm proud of myself for shifting all the blame for past failed relationships from him and assigning me my fair share.

I'm not thinkin that this guy is "the one". I just know that, one day in my future, a "one" WILL show up. It seems out of the probable statistics that this one is it, just from a purely mathematical standpoint. My therapist says that may or may not ring true; it's not relevant. But, with each first meeting - of ANYONE in our lives - we may possibly be meeting someone who turns out to be someone significant. My musings are really just that. I think. I hope.

I am most definitely watching behaviors and looking for flags. I was on such high alert that I was making myself nuts with it one week ago, and now am relaxing and enjoying, AND being cautious. And we have seen each other four times now, but at the time of the O.P. it had been three times.
One thing I will not do, is go into the bedroom, with this or any other guy, in a short time span of meeting. That really messes with your rational thinking.

Thank you for the dialogue, Hammer. You're helping me so much.