Thread: Epiphany
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sunrise1
DOS: 11/6/10

My hubby has been through all this with me. He has previously been engaged to a woman who ended up on crack, and she had to move out of state to get away from it and start over. So- something tells me that part of him feels like "... here we go again..." but he has been as even keeled with me as he can be (which doesn't mean he's perfect all the time; he's got his own set of demons [not chemically related] to work on.

Because of what I do for a living, I have to spend time around alcohol every day. Literally- I need to have God that extra step closer to me and my list of phone numbers handy. I play music; there's not enough work to survive if I strictly book festivals and events like that, and there's still no guarantee there won't be drinking of some kind there.

THEREFORE- Hubby can drink whatever he cares to. Although he's dabbled in various substances at different points in his life, he has never had trouble walking away from any of it, including alcohol. How can I "punish" him when he's not the one with the problem? One saving grace about that is that he really only likes that really dark beer like Guinness... something I don't even recognize as a beverage, let alone booze. So- sometimes I even pick some up from the store for him and it doesn't bother me. Of COURSE, your mileage may vary... My sponsor and I are looking extra hard at the whole "spiritual" section of my picture, as that is what will ultimately determine if I'm fit to work where I do.