Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mel8899

Checking in

Hi everyone, just checking in. Day 6 and doing well. I have made a lot of progress in changing my routines and habits to avoid isolating myself at home which is where I did most of my drinking. Ironically, that includes sitting in front of the TV all the time playing on the laptop which is the reason for the infrequent posts. I do check into read each night and am still here.

I used to race home to both my wine and my dog and the only thing I miss right now is my dog. I find myself finding more ways to get out, walk, swim or just window shop, although a pizza dinner with part of the family made me glad to be home again last night. I am sure I am not the only one with some strange family relationships although for the most part they are great and the disfunction is far from extreme. They just make me nuts! My sister used to tell me I was adopted which upset me. Now I try to tell people I was adopted! They never believe it, we look too much alike! Gotta have a sense of humor!

Other than that I have the next four days off and plenty of plans with non drinking friends, plenty of TV to catch up on, and lots of books to read. I also have plans to go to the movies and will have more time to read and post. I hope the best for everyone to have a great holiday sober!!

Melissa