View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ThatLittleGirl
ThatLittleGirl

My AH tried LDN (low dose naltrexone) for his opiate addiction...and it was very ineffective for him...I believe the regular dosage is to withdrawal the patient...but continued use is in the LDN form. All I can say from my experience is that the LDN has to be specially compounded because it's not available at a regular pharmacy in that dosage; and for my husband, it did not work at all...thus, he began a suboxone regime that is, in my opinion, also ineffective...as he's taking that in conjunction with so many other pills...that I feel...what's the point...

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents...so take it for what it's worth...when I first researched and found naltrexone, I was so excited...I thought it would be the "cure" for my AH... I learned the hard way, there is no miracle cure... Recovery is hard work...and unless the addict uses the available meds in conjuction with other tools...sponsor, meetings, step-work...the pills themselves will never be enough... All I've come to conclude is...addiction sucks...big time!!!