View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
alexvt

Hey Everyone!

I was just going through all the post and am so happy for EVERY ONE of us!

I am on day 12 and i cannot believe my anxiety has subsided so much. I now realize it was the effects of alcohol that were causing them. I would drink a lot, and then none the next day. And repeat. I think my body was in a constant state of withdrawal. Because as soon as I stopped drinking I started Panicking. My mind would just go over all the bad things I did and punish me, causing the panic attacks. Wow even when I only get 4 hrs asleep no panic. My mind tried to do the same trick this morning and nothing. It was AWESOME!

Breakfree thanks for all the positivity ( your like our groups cheerleader ) Oh and I so feel you on the going out to dinner trigger! I have not attempted that one yet! That's going to be a killer. How am i ever going to eat Sushi without Saki? Or steak without a nice Bordeaux? Or my after dinner coffee without Grand Marnier? Ugh! Guess I'll just have a coke and a smile instead!

Super71- Rock on with your new friend and sponsor! 2 for the price of 1!

HFA- Congrats on day 4! Happy birthday to your youngest! Am glad your getting sleep.

MyLiberty- Way to go on Golf Game! I can only imagine how hard it is to hang out with the guys and not drink.

Solar Eclipse- Day 5 Woohoo! your over the big hump! It get's better! Keep it up.

livefierce- I feel you on the energy thing. I figure I am not going to worry about organizing my closets etc.. right now just being sober is enough. I am sure after 1 month our bodies will start to stabalize a bit.

Hi Bochuck, Wild10, and Grace2!

Ozzy, How are you my friend?

TraderJane- Where you at Girlfriend?

Melindaflowers- Sounds like your doing great!

For all of those who are new, WELCOME to JUNE!

Oh and by the way Breakfree, I stole your writing style, makes it easier to focus! Thanks!