View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Hello WW,

How awesome that you have such a good friend and a mom who's supporting you through this.

I can relate to what you're going through too. I had to make the same decision about ending a long-term relationship that was toxic for me. My mom described my mixed emotions about it by that old saying, "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't."

In my case, as much as the relationship was bad for me, I knew what to expect.

Letting go of that and venturing out into seemingly unchartered waters relationship-wise was scary, but I learned that recovery is about re-centering ourselves to break the habits and change the lifestyles, including some people, that contribute to our dependency; my long-term relationship was the biggest one of those.

Congrats on your 90+ days! I'd continue to focus on yourself and try not worry what he may or may not be going through (not easy, I know).

Recovery requires change. As we begin to get more and more healthy, we attract healthy people to us.

P.S. Comfort food is good...it doesn't cloud your judgement. Getting outside, fresh air, always helped me. Maybe re-read some of your other posts about why the relationship is toxic will help reinforce your decision. ?