Old 06-30-2010, 01:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Round234

Originally Posted by incognito70 View Post
if he has drank to much he knows and stops. he never stays up just so he can drink or anything.
As an alcoholic, I will say that is very weird.
There is no "too much" for me.
I will not stop at any time while drinking, no friggen way. I start, I don't stop.
I 've never come across an alcoholic that could stop drinking because they "have drank too much".

Originally Posted by incognito70 View Post

He does. Most nights it does not become an issue of "feeling bad" before he stops. Many times its not even spoken of, he has beer and its no big focused on deal. I guess I was just saying that I have never ever seen him throw up or pass out or anything. But there HAVE been nights where he will say, "I dont want that anymore" or "I had enough" and I always have a feeling its because he's at a point of not feeling 'good' drunk anymore, its because if he DID drink more, he'd be sick.
I've been talking about this at a Big Book study, that alcoholics feel good when they're drunk, in control, on top of the world.
Normal people stop drinking when they're starting to feel out of control. Alcoholics don't have that ability, to simply put down a drink after starting.