Old 06-29-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks for this thread. Especially to LTD and Bucyn.

Yes there are also heavy drinkers. To me an idea of a heavy drinker is an adolescent without much responsabilities like those on the MTV dumb reality shows about drunken university guys. GUYS not MEN.

A heavy drinker that is old enough to be working/married? Uhhhm... I doubt it.

I am with damndone with "seriously, EVERY night?" how can someone who does drink daily NOT be an alkie?

Anyway that is my personal opinion and I know that is a subjective topic. Just wanted to share my point of view.

I think the problem is that you are expressing an opinion or preference yet he ignores it. And I would be worried if children learned beers are OK, daily and while you are with loved ones.

You have choices and among them are, leaving if he drinks or has a beer opened, not allowing your children to be around when he is drunk, or forget about walking on eggshells and spend time alone or with different people.

I would say there are great men out there that do all those things and don't drink either or drink in a controlled manner (like a cocktail in a wedding or wine with lunch once in a while!) and would have no issue not drinking at all if it bugs you. You know.. those people that don't consider alcohol a topic (because in the World of Healthy People, it isn't)...?