Thread: Waiting
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 08:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Kitty,
What I meant is that I think we all did the best we could do and are doing the best we can. I wish I could change 25 years of my life, but I know I did the best I could do. I truely wish that it didn't take me as long as it did, but it did.

Emotions are really hard to work through. We tend to stay in denial because our emotions are so strong. When I'm afraid my son is going to die you can throw everything I've learned out the door. I can grit my teeth and sweat it out for just so long.

If I ask myself why I waited so long to make the changes I've made, I would have to say that the pain of acting would have been more than I could have handled. The longer I waited the stronger I got and then I was able to cope with the pain of the changes.

The more we know and the more we grow and the more able we are to make the changes we want to make.

When the truth gets clear enough we can't go back to denial. When we're unsure it's easy to go back and forth. We are unsure of the facts and unsure of our own strengths and abilities. Sometimes we've denied ourselves for so long that we haven't even developed our abilities.

There can be a lot of action in waiting.

Hugs,

MG