View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
traderjane

Welcome Revelation and HFA!! Hop on board! This is such a great group!!!

Just caught up on posts now. Had a better day! My Mom and Dad have come around a bit about the condo. They are more positive and happy about it, though it's going to take more work than they thought to get it the way they want it. But I feel better now that they are more upbeat. I'm going to help them as best I can to get it cleaned up at least before they move in.

My son had a great birthday! We had his actual party on Saturday, so today was kind of a mini party. It was his first day of camp and he loved it. Later on, we had cupcakes for him and sang happy birthday with my parents here. I gave him this little silly monkey that he loved (he got all of his bigger gifts on Saturday) and he was so cute just really enjoying his day. Very low key, but sometimes those are the best days.

I did well today. I had kind of weird experience where I came home around 5:00 pm from an appointment for my other son and had a craving. But the craving was for a snack (such as salty almonds) and a glass of Sprite Zero. It was so weird for me to crave a drink other than wine at this time of day. So I went with the craving and ate some almonds and though I did not have Sprite Zero in the house, substituted with cranberry and tonic. It was great! No wine cravings whatsoever today. I know that it won't always be this easy, but I am hoping that I have started re-training my brain about what to crave. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Okay, must crash. Good night, friends!