Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mrphillipctrs1

Originally Posted by Katfshh View Post
OK lots of "Ouch" comments there. Is it not possible that when he is sober he is real,and he is a good person? If he had Cancer I would be a bad person if I turned my back. So, why is this a disease, If the way I handled it is to just give up?
Hey Katfish,

I know where you are even though my X is female. Absolutely with out a doubt same behavior, isn't that weird? I won't go into a long story about what I went through(I think it would make one hell of a mini series). I will let you know that I remember those feelings that I had, and what it must be like for you. Agony.

From my experience I can tell you this. Going to AA is an absolute must in the equation. I have learned so much and just being with other people who do understand, is a spiritual experience for me.

I picked up the copy of Codependence No More, when I was just about at my lowest point. It saved me as well.

Fortunately for me I was saved, born again Christian during the time that I was in my relationship with her. My relationship with God is what is ultimately responsible for my sanity today. I use man's tools such as Al Anon and information on where other people in my situation have been.

I haven't spoke to my XAGF in a month. No contact is one I almost forgot, you must completely remove yourself from the drama, because as long as you continue the dance with the addict, the addiction always wins.

You can do this, and if you want it bad enough and I do believe you are heading in that direction, you have all the tools available for you, so does he, but who is going to use them first? You may suprised to see what happens, I am just looking forward to a better me and letting God take care of the rest.