View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
j0hn0than1964
JTinStLouis

I know when I was using, my wife (g/f at the time) also became pregnant, and I was using selfishly all the way through it. When my wife had our little girl I was there at the room, and shortly after the birth I of course went to my favorite watering hole to celebrate. Yes priorities way out of whack. My use continued and of course progressed rapidly, it got to the point where I was ask to move out of my house and leave my wife and 6 month old little girl, and I did it. At the time I was given that decision I felt moving out was the right thing, I would get her off my but and enjoy myself hell I deserved it. So I moved out, and that is where things really progressed now given my shame, guilt, resentments I was fully entitled to booze and drug it up to no end. It took about two months of that to realize that I could not sustain this lifestyle, I was drinking every day just to get through to when I would go out and drink. I finally reached my spot where I knew that even I could not sustain the lifestyle I was practicing. The thought of quiting even for 30 days to go to treatment became less fearful than what I was doing.

My long point is I fully get where your AH is, and I was able to walk away from what are the most important parts of my life in a 5 second decision. My help came from the fellowship of AA and learning that I was not alone.

JT