Thread: Day 1 - Fears
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dinamic

Day 1 - Fears

The end of day one is nearing, and although I have thus far denied the drink it's power I am still fearful.

Right now for example I am fearing having to sleep tonight. I am usually heavily sedated with alcohol when I go to bed. I can't remember the last time I had to go to sleep without poison in my system. I am terrified that I will simply toss and turn, and sleep will elude me. It will simply drive me mad. Is there anything that will help with difficulty regarding sleep?

Another fear of mine is that of boredom. I'm not necessarily scared of being bored, I am actually scared that everyone else will see me as boring. Without the drink I tend to be very silent. I keep to myself a lot. When I first started out drinking it was appealing to me because when I drank I felt as though everyone liked me. What if now, no one will like me? What if the world views me as being dull?

I suppose I am just ranting. Did anyone else ever fear these things? Did it turn out that your fears came true? Or were you simply driving yourself mad with these fears?

Oh, so confused.