View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hammerhead

Originally Posted by Helpseeker View Post
I am here for advice. When registering, I assumed some of that advice would be in the form of constructive criticism. It seems most people think I'm making a terrible/unhealthy mistake, myself included. I want to be healthy, functional, and normal, hence my cry for help. The roller coaster doesn't prove that lifestyle to be possible... maybe ever. However, it doesn't hurt to get advice before deciding to give up on someone you care about. Please do share, pleasant or not, your truth might be an eye opener.
Perhaps you were looking for advice that would keep him from drinking.... and make you the "special one" that could help him. Sweetie... if help and love is all it took... none of us would be here... we've helped until we had nothing left to give... we (ourselves) became emotionally, physically and sometimes financially bankrupt.... we can't save anyone... they have to want that for themselves.

If most people think you're making a terrible and unhealthy mistake... it would behoove you to rethink what you're doing.

If you want to be healthy...functional.... and normal.... your cry for help was answered here. Take the focus off of him and think about you... The "giving up on someone"... well that is co-dependence talking...

Remember the 3 C's... You didn't Cause it... You can't Control it... You can't Cure it.

Letting Go and Letting God... is not giving up on someone... you just are getting out of God's way...

Take Care of YOU.