Old 06-27-2010, 09:50 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
bcboy

Originally Posted by Mek0455 View Post
So how could I have a problem and they don't? The likelyhood of 30 kids at the same party all growing up to be alcoholics is pretty small.
Wanna bet on many of the 30 having problems later in life.Trust me Kate, it was not until after I put it all down that I realized how many people actually do have a major problem drinking and I am 34 and STOKED to have this chance so early on in my life.

There are Threads: 117,644, Posts: 1,807,361, Members: 67,834 on this site alone who have admitted they have problems. How many people out there are thinking their drinking is no problem, when in fact it is...

For example, I got out of school on Monday and my friends and I have gotten drunk every night since ( so like 5 or 6 nights in a row), which is a lot I admit. But does that mean we are all alcoholics or have a problem? I don't know.
At your age I was never drinking every single night. and I am sitting here now admitting I have a big problem with booze and weed.

Plus it's like every other aspect of my life continues to be normal. My family, my school, my sports and everything else continues the same whether or not I go drunk that weekend or whatever. It's hard to change when what you're doing isn't affecting you whatsoever in real life.
My life was completely normal on the outside and all of my family and friends are shocked that I put it all down saying over and over "problem? what problem, you seem perfectly fine to me.

Kate, your very young to be thinking about this problem and I am sure all of us here would LOVE to be where you are. If we could all go back and smack ourselves up side the head and say "Hey dumb ***#, your gonna kill yourself and ruin whatever future you have"

You are getting some serious 20/20 hindsight here early in life trust me... Take this chance while you still can.

Cheers