View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
IrishEyes88

Originally Posted by super71 View Post
Irisheyes-

Health concerns are a big one for me as well. I have a Drs appt scheduled for Monday and I am going to lay it all on the table..scared, but want to get it out there and hopefully feel relief. I have seen others ask this when someone is struggling, so here goes - Do you have a plan? What are you going to do to help yourself not to drink? I am not expert here with only 9 days - I have been coming to the boards frequently, reading alot, making the Dr. appt, and struggling to get up the nerve to go to AA. I am trying to focus on doing constructive positive things each day - like working on the house, doing things with my kids, etc... to keep me motivated and give me a sense of accomplishment. This seems to be helping a bit.
My plan... Self-control and a change of attitude are number 1. I make lists of things to do that keep me busy all day. Nightime is different. That's when pure will power will be needed. Monday, the hubby and me are starting a nightly walk with our son.

I'd like to get a check-up but right now I have no insurance. Just a basic appointment is $75. That doesn't include any tests or anything. To help my liver build its strength up, I'm going to take a Bvitamin and Milk Thistle daily.