Old 06-25-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Erica1972

Feeling Off balance....need some encouragement

Hi everyone...My name is Erica...I've had a busy week at work and haven't been able to go to alanon meetings...I feel myself getting a little crazy again...Here's my story.....I had been with my alcoholic husband for ten years...I kicked him out about two months ago...Things got really bad...He would stay out all night...Come home and pick fights....Anyway...we have a 4 year old son..He hadn't been much of a father with all the drinking and partying, but since I kicked him out, he has actually been a wonderful father...spends time with our son...takes him places...A few days ago, he told me that he hasn't drank since I kicked him out....Well...my first thought was...why now????Why couldn't you have quit a year ago? I didn't say that to him....This morning on my way to work, I saw his car at the bar...So much for not drinking....Why did it even bother me that he may have actually stopped drinking? I know that would have been a good thing...I've been going to alanon...I think I have been working on me...I don't want him back, but I can't seem to figure out what is troubling me so much...Maybe a part of me still wants him to want us...when I know he never really did...
Did I think he would see the light??? I don't know....Someone tell me that if I just hang in there....I will be okay..Because I don't feel like it right now....

Erica