View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Benjamin33

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
Hey Benjamin

Yea, been there... early sobriety absolutely sucks for some of us. My experience is a little different than yours, I was not bodily sick... but I was "forced" to stop drinking... before I hit a significant bottom... Home, wife, kids, job... Still had 'em... Gratitude for the "opportunity" to recover was slow in coming ...

Depression was part of my experience as well. Sometimes, it still is.

Perhaps seek outside help for your depression. And... What do you mean "involved" in AA... are you going to meetings and working the steps, for real, with a sponsor? I found that a good fourth and fifth step really freed my soul of the resentment I had surrounding my circumstance, though I often need to take inventory still.

Keep posting
I go to meeting 3 or 4 times a week and have done so every week since the hospitalization. That is, until last week. I missed going to meetings last week, but I did go back last night. I have worked steps 1-8 and made amends to one person on step 9. I don't feel like I am ready to go any further. As to making amends, I don't really know who I hurt that I haven't already apologized to. I do have some financial amends that I would like to make, but obviously I can't do that right now. I am going to continue to go to meetings as long as I don't drink, which I don't think I am because of the health issues. I am not quite ready for the embarassment, humiliation and anger that would cause my family.