View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Benjamin33

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Hi Ben - I'm so sorry your life is where it's at right now. I'm newly sober myself, and have had some really rough days due to finances (or lack thereof). And yeah, sometimes drinking seems like an "answer" just to lift the mood temporarily. You and I both know it won't solve anything, though.

Are you saying that all your misfortunes in the past 6 months are due to getting sober, or is some of it from drinking? It's not quite clear. One thing to consider is whether you may have depression or another underlying issue going on. I know that I have to address those things in order to stay sober.

There's no reason you have to suffer in sobriety. It's one thing to have a bad day, but if you see yourself headed back to drinking, maybe it's time to get more help/support than you have now. You're worth it, Ben. Don't give up on yourself.:ghug3
The lack of finances was probably caused by drinking/drugging. I haven't worked consistently in a little over a year. I had plenty of money before because I settled a fairly big case at the beginning of last year and basically lived like a heathen for a year. I am sure you know the drill. Tons of alcohol, drugs, bars, women, etc..... While I won't lie and say that it wasn't fun, I really don't want that lifestyle anymore. I would just like to be a productive member of society again. Develop new relationships; experience new things

As far as getting involved in community work and service, Its somewhat difficult to do as I now live in a very small community, don't know anyone other than the small number of folks in my aa group, and there simply aren't that many community type things to get involved in. I feel like every time I try to do something positive its

Thanks for sharing.

Ben