Old 06-21-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by stella27 View Post
I recommend letting all the dogs in for a good romp. Or better yet, putting them all in the car, driving them somewhere and letting them run. It always makes me feel better. What size towns are nearby - in commuting distance?

I think you should start an online life-coaching business. You're a natural.
I've got three choices for commuting, all about 35 miles to the edge of town. There's Wichita (east of me), and I'd rather not. I commuted for a year and a half to that armpit city! I'd rather have a root canal, thank you very much.

I am tops on the list for a position at the Drug/Alcohol Counseling Center in Pratt (35 miles to the west) as the office manager is way past retirement age, and I did an 80 hour community based work assessment there a couple of years ago. Someone needs to tell the current gal she needs to retire now.

Hutchinson (35 miles north) is around 50,000 I think, maybe more. There's a big medical center, where I already got shot down for a position in HI, but there are a lot of private practices over there too. Most of my instructors are from Hutchinson, and I will probably be doing my clinicals over there.

Right now my main concern is completing summer classes. I'll be done the end of July and then I've got a 5-6 week breather to start looking/applying again.

Thanks for the compliment, but I think I'll stay out of the life coaching, and just throw my two cents in here and there!