View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Kerbcrawler

hi mate, this subject of n/a beers wine,brings up quite a split camp here, i think you should define your sobriety date, an not your sponsor..he,s not your guardian angel, or your hp,i use n/a beers occassionaly it helps,like someone said, in among awkward settings, barbies/parties/events, i find it plays a useful role,plus no one even thinks your not drinkin beer, not that this should matter, the other thing im a little concerned with is the dogma, and conviction,by certain groups..and teachings, that once you are..blah blah...you will always be, once you pop,you will never be able to stop...and i had those ideas inscribed in my brain..then hey if i mess up..an take a drink..im far more likely to throw the towel in, and offer no further resistance..because i was led to beleive if i have the one,im done for as it were...which is why im trying to treat this affliction of alcohol addiction,..like any other high powered likeable hard to break habit,..i have the n/a beers, an enjoy the taste and flavour of fizzy fermented natural wheat/barley, more than synthetic high pretend sugar and e,number additive cokes and other stuff, by the way bought some of that elsberg n/a wine cost me £4 as much as wine..an tasted pretty much like grape juice...waste of money,i thought. anyhow day 57..wish you well.