View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
justbrian

I remember asking this very same question a few years ago. I honestly can't remember the answers I got. I had to find out for myself, and it wasn't the most pleasant experience for me. I hear quite often that "normal" drinkers (I don't know what that is) never worry about having a drinking problem. My wife rarely drinks, and I've seen her drink 1/2 of a $9.00 mixed drink and walk away . That to me, is the very essence of insanity, but then again, I AM an alcoholic.

Do normal drinkers black out and wander around in the woods while the police dogs are looking for them? Probably not. Funny thing is, they never found me, I stumbled out by myself and told them I was the guy they were looking for. It's my opinion that if the use of illegal drugs is involved, that's a problem. I know for me, one drug will ALWAYS lead my back to my good "friend???" alcohol. I have enough $**t on my plate today...I'm not gonna make things worse by adding any mood altering substance to the mix.

The only person who can answer your question is you, but you need to get down and dirty honest with yourself. If you discover you have a problem, the solution is very simple. Don't think, don't drink, and get your a$$ to a meeting any way you can (if you want what we have and are willing to go to ANY lengths to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps). "Cyber recovery" is great, but it ain't enough for this drunk!!!

Just my ESH... Brian