View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
brdobu

Well I just googled the Johns Hopkins Alcoholism Test, after taking it I answered 10 of the 20 with a yes. It claims anything 3 or more is worthy of a review. But I have never considered myself a drunk. I haven't missed a SINGLE day of work in 3 years. Granted I have a had a few massive hangovers, I've always been there. What is the fine line between relaxing and having a problem? I grew up around a father who drank half a pint of whiskey a night. He was NEVER, beliggerant, always made work, always paid bills, cut grass, fixed things around house, etc. Maybe this is why I feel a nightly buzz/drunk is acceptable. But when exactly does it gross the line between unwinding and having a problem? I am 25 and am concerned that my 5-plus nights of drinking is becoming an issue. However, as I stated my dad drinks half a pint of whiskey everynight. He is 62, in decent shape for his age and the most responsible person I know. Is an everynight alcohol buzz cause for concern? The alcohol REALLY hasn't had a negative effect on my life other than a lot of hangovers. I just feel that is is NOT 'normal' to be drunk 5 or 6 nights a week even thought it has yet to have a serious impact.