View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brdobu

Do I have a drinking problem?

I have seen many people with drinking problems, and I am hesitant to put myself into that catagory. However, I see things in myself that bother me. I drink 5-6 nights a week. But it does NOT control my life. I am at work everydays at 10am-8pm albeit with a hangover. I smoke weed on a daily basis, and consume pain killers about 1-2 days a week for work. I am not sure if I have a drug/drinking problem or if I have a mental problem. During the work days that I am not on painkillers or weed I feel extremely sad, lethargic, and bored. I think about my ex-girlfriend that I broke up with over 8 months ago. I have no idea why I am so hooked as she was NOT that special in comparisson to girls I've dated. I work in a beer/wine warehouse which adds to my thoughts of alcohol. Nearly every night I go home and lift weights. After doing so I walk 3 blocks to the gas station and buy a 12 pack. Drink 8-12 beers and go to bed. Fri and Sat night I typically drink to pass out aswell. Anywhere from 10-20 drinks. Is this an issue? Or am I possibly using to compensate with my boredom and MAYBE other problems I may have? I am slightly concerned with the pills, but not so much because they are not readily available. The weed doesn't really scare me either as I used to smoke non stop without feeling the constant desire for beer that I feel now. If only I could bring myself to smoke everynight after working out without the alcohol I would be fine.