Thread: Now What?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nightowl
Paused

Moonkat - do they argue when he's been drinking? My 14 YO used to disrespect my A SO (live in) and used to provoke him. He then would drink more when she had hurt his feelings. They argue about politics, the war, civil rights, you name it. And I was stuck in the middle. I will have to say that those arguments would make me so nervous. The only bad thing my SO woulod do though is call her a communist because of her liberal views. He wouldn't dream of harming her. That is crossing the line. But when they've had too much drink....sometimes they don't even know what they are doing or saying.

huge hugs to you. I agree...........a teen and an alcoholic are a tough combo. The teens are so tough on the A's. They don't respect them at all is one problem. and then she doesn't respect me because I stay with an A.

One good thing....my situation has improved tremendously. It took about a year. Mainly, my daughter just didn't want to accept a new man in our lives. She finally admitted that. But now they get along great, once she realized she was stuck with him and her attitude couldnt' get rid of him.