Old 06-19-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mf150

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
Darklide,

I apologize if my post was a bit sour. You may be very good at it. I don't know you personally, so who am I too say?

Maybe you can learn something from my post that alcoholic withdrawal turns normally sweet and kind people into moody trolls for a few days.

I wish you luck in your future pursuits.

In all honesty, he's going to have to deal with this issue if he chooses to be an addiction councelor. You're being honest, and I don't think you should have to apologize.

I didn't get that you are attacking him as a person. Just stating the facts for you.

e.g. I have a degree in a behavioral science field and I am finishing up a second. I've learned about chemical dependacy, addiction, and whatever else the textbooks and professors shared. I did well on the tests, etc., but it was not until I went through withdrawls that I realized I had a major problem. I was completely blindsided by my own addiction and the severity of my withdrawls.

Can he do it? Yes. Will he have to deal with his history of no being an abuser, yes. Can he help? Why not? BUT, what is your true motivation...

Even in these discussions, we are already on the other side of the fence. We will always be alcoholics and he will not.

Those personality/aptitude tests are a tool used by many employers. Many factors play into the results.