View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
catlovermi

Originally Posted by aboutdone View Post

I think the best think would be for social services to be involved and for me not to be. She really went off on me for quite awhile tonight in text messages, about how I was starting BS with her, because I wouldn't watch her son. I don't need that drama at my house everyday, because I took in her 2 children.

Sounds cold, I know, but I have to think of my kids needs first and what I can handle at this point.
This does not sound cold to me, at all. This sounds warm, and loving, toward YOUR OWN children, who are the ones you ARE responsible for and whose needs YOU DO have jurisdiction over.

This is a loving but tough decision to make on THEIR behalf - to not bring into their lives the chaos and dysfunction and disruption of somebody ELSE'S problems, who is a legal adult.

We can't control or influence the whole world; we can only focus on our little part. You are doing that very well!

I feel very sad for the two precious little lives being devastated by this woman; you are right to share information on their behalf with the folks who have the legal authority to step in and make changes (social worker, CPS etc.). This, however, does not negate your right to keep your own children in a safe, consistent, and loving environment, and to guard your own limited resources so they are best invested in your own circumstances. It's a hard, stark truth.

Sending encouragement!

CLMI