View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
aboutdone
aboutdone

Yes, actually, I left that part out. Downs baby is supposed to come home Monday. I called the social worker at the NICU and told her what I see going on here, and that as much as I would like to help with baby, I am not allowed.

It took me awhile to make the call, because I wanted to make sure I was doing it for the right reasons. I decided she can't handle the 18mo old, not alone the both of them. I expressed my concerns with the social worker, and told her I didn't feel that sending that baby home to them was in the best interest of the baby.

I also stated at best, she should find out who the baby would be pawned off on most of the time, and then ask that person to come it and become familiar with how to feed him through his feeding tube, and do his therapy.

I felt good after getting off the phone with her, as she was the one telling me she was giving them the gas cards and couldn't understand why they weren't coming to see the baby or be there for his surgery to put the feeding tube in.

I know I did the right thing, in the best interest of those little boys.

I just become frustrated at times, you know. When you listen to someone cry over and over and over about how bad their life is, but never EVEN TRY to do something different to change it.

Thanks for encouragement!