Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
gotahavfaith

Hi Treadingwater

You will find alot of great people here. Read all you can. This place has literally saved my sanity.

My daughter is my addict. She has struggled with pain pill addiction since her teens. She is now 25. She has 2 beautiful children. I understand your fear and your pain for your son. My daughter has been on Suboxone 2 times. The first time it was with intense outpatient treatment. She remained clean for almost 8 months. She relapsed when she had to have dental surgery. The 2nd time on Suboxone she did not do any type of treatment. It was a nightmare. When she was unable to get the suboxone from her doctor any longer, she bought if off the street. If she could not find the suboxone she bought pain pills.

In my opinion, it has a place in recovery if used properly. But it has to be used in conjunction with a treatment program. If not it just becomes another drug. My daughter is now in an inpatient treatment facility for 6 months. She went to detox before rehab to be able to get off the suboxone and pain meds. They are both addictive. She says that she thinks that she could be addicted to anything that she takes and I think that is very true.

I just don't think our children have much of a chance at finding sobriety on their own. Their plan just doesn't work. I believe they must have some type of program. Left to their own devices..... well we know how that works out for them.

Saying a prayer for you and your son. It is so very hard to be a mom to an addicted child.

Gotahavfaith