View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
hadit

Daytrader,
whoa, you just posted my current life. actually busted her once. She said she just needed to spend some time to bounce all this off a friend ,(at his HOUSE) needed some companionship with someone "normal", and it was better than coming home to a drunk. All innocent, no worries. (ahem).

As far as the alcohol in the house, I will confront her about it, but for now my gut tells me to wait. I want to find out what, or who, I'm dealing with here, and why. I'm ok, no triggers or cravings. There was a time when I couldn't face a basket of dirty laundry without getting hammered. It's so empowering to handle all of this sober.

When I was drinking she was OBSESSED with my alcoholism/recovery. When I get serious about it, she plants land mines everywhere. It no longer bugs me that they are there, I just want to know WHY??? The theme of control, and fear of loss of control, and co dependent keep popping up. I'm just trying to understand her motives, and determine if I can honestly expect to ever be happy here.

Thank you all so much...hadit