View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
hadit

Thanks for all the great replies everyone!,
So many different and worthy points to consider in each one, my head is spinning. very much appreciated!

After reading tkdan's post I think I should add that my wife is a self help guru. The house is full of self help books and tapes on all subjects ( great with me) but she freaks if there is not an ongoing problem for her to research and iron out. I have often told her, that if there was not a problem, she will create one. I think the subject of CONTROL is very much in play here, as well as the possibility of an affair.

The details of the divorce are these, according to her,
We can't afford it now, but it's going to happen this summer.
Our 2 incomes are barely enough for one house, let alone two.
We don't know who's moving out, or where the're going,

Now, here is the kicker,

"We are getting a divorce even if it means you have to stay here, we can still be friends, I'll live my life, you live yours" Didja ever???

For all the time I drank, she was online researching alcoholism. Printing out stacks of stuff for me to read, and pleading with me to get help. I just think it's weird, that for all her concern, the first time I quit, I allowed her to knock me out the box because she missed how "FUN" I was when drinking. Now that I am serious about sobriety again, she thinks it's great that I'm doing well, and informs me we're getting a divorce, and stocks the fridge with beer. ???

I dunno, It's ODAAT here, I'm just glad I'm sober and can deal with it like a grown up. I'm just puzzled to say the least, can't figure if she has an angle for all this, but I've got my eyes wide open for the next curve ball..

Thanks everyone!!....hadit