Thread: Welcome Randa!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 08:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lizzy81001
Paused

Randa,
i think that is your name, please correct me if i am wrong. you are right about your friend needing to help himself and he will never be able to if someone is always doing it for him. he (just as anyone) will continue to lean on others as long as they let him, thus never really progressing. always going round and round the same circle. You absolutely have to focus on you because no one can do it for you. Just like no one can make me sober. As a friend you can continue to support (emotionally, etc.), direct, or guide. But i think that is all you can or should do. as for you, how are you? How is your first day of being sober? i honestly am completing my second full day of sobriety and the craving is there. What was your drug of choice? Were you a stoner such as myself? I think your daughter must care about you a great deal to want to help you until you begin to be able to help yourself. So congratulate yourself for raising such a loving and supporting daughter. Focus on things like that. As much as your addiction has brought you down, your spirit and person was still there to live life and do some wonderful things in your life. here you are, with a desire to be a better person and to live a clean life. What a testament to the type of person you are. Keep trucking, because you WILL make it. you will overcome
love ya
audra