View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hadit

What is going on here???

Hey all,
Got a situation here I need some help with. It's a bit of a saga, so please bear with me. I stopped drinking two years ago for 8 months. No program, dry drunk. My wife who pleaded with me to get help, sat me down one day and told me she missed her beer in hand ,good time charlie husband. All I needed to hear. Fail Fail Fail. I write this as it sets the stage for the following.

After a 2 year struggle,I finally stopped drinking 3 weeks ago, now in it for the long haul, this time with a program, working the steps. What a difference!!! I'm really jazzed now because I realize the program really works! I shared this with my wife. A lot has happened since.

One week into my sobriety, she drops the divorce bomb. Wishes me luck in my recovery, doesn't love me anymore, has a right to be happy, wants to move on. Ok I'll deal with it. (life on life's terms).

My wife is not a drinker. Maybe 4 times a year she will order a beer when dining out, drink half, and order an iced tea. That's it. The Friday of Memorial day weekend, she comes home with an 18 pack. I ask what's this? " GOTTA have beer for Memorial day weekend".(a 4 YEAR supply for her). It's all still in the fridge. She didn"t have a one, but she made damn sure it's here. (doesn't bother me).

Last night she went to a company party. Drove home intoxicated, said she had a great time, and bitched about her hangover. In 15 years I've never seen her hungover.

So guys here's the question, What is going on here? I'm not trying to be judgemental, I don't expect anyone to change a thing cause I have a problem, I'm just quietly OBSERVING. What gives here? Does she want me to fail again, if so why? Justify the divorce in her mind?? , drive a wedge between me and the kids??, more ammo for divorce court?? Is she a codie without a project now??? I dunno, I smell a rat.

Anyone out there with some ESH can shine a spotlight on this for me??

Thank's so much.. hadit