View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
treadingwater

mftrader >> I'm very happy that you decided to call your parents. I can only imagine how happy they were to hear from you, especially since you have been working on recovery. I hope you continue to keep pursuing an alcohol/drug free life. Reach out to people, especially your parents when you are feeling like you need a helping hand.
We all know this isn't easy.
It is gut wrenching as a parent to continually see my son self destruct and for our family not to be able to do anything about it. Our actions and words mean nothing, my heart sinks!
How I wish there was no such thing as drug and alcohol addiction this is a living hell and nightmare for everyone.
I hate how my son tries to push us away. He wants to make his own decisions and doesn't like being accountible to anyone, especially us parents. I know this is all part of his addictive behavior, since his decisions have been atrocious.
He was transported from the hospital on Sunday afternoon to a crisis unit, State ordered. I know he has seen a physician during the day and they have group meetings.
He is hoping to leave by Friday. They do want an action plan of what he will do.
He has ruled out a 12 step program and is wanting to do out patient suboxone.

I get very leary with him still wanting to control his recovery. My feeling is if you want to get clean you would take any help thrown your way.
I know I am sounding like a control freak. LOL! But he's been to a 12 step program early on before he hit his new level of drug use. He's also been to a wilderness program HE HATED IT....I don't blame him.. (approx. 10 weeks of living outside in the elements...roughing it), from there he went to a theraputic community for approx. (9 months). Oh, and a bit of jail time here and there.
I have been trying to read as much as I can about this drug suboxone.
I really pray that he's not playing us again, he hasn't had a very good track record.
He is so strong-willed and determined about having his own way...you would think that he could funnel that same will power towards staying clean.

I am so drained with worry.
I want his life, my life and my families life back!!!!
Hugs to everyone, thank you for all your support and advice.