View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
soap

Originally Posted by mf150 View Post
Day 3!

Is there any trick to getting some sleep? Feels like my mind is going 1000 miles per hour. my head hurts, too. And I feel warm. Is this normal?

Usually I don't complain, but this feels likE one heck of a hang over!
i'm sure everyone is different but these things sometimes work for me. i find that increased blood flow helps me a little in falling asleep. so a couple hours before bed, i will take a shower to get blood flowing and follow that up w/ some calming tea. then about a half hour before bed will take a low dose aspirin for headache and backache, increased blood flow, and help for my ailing heart. directly before bed, will do yoga type strectches and calf raises. the strectching and light lifting on muscles gives them that warm, tired feeling before crawling into bed. i might read a little before bed or try to go to bed directly. but if my mind starts racing, i will turn on the light and read for a little longer distracting mind to different thought pattern. rinse and repeat until asleep. if i wake in the middle of the night, more stretches and maybe into my message chair, then back to bed.