View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Starlynn

Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
The fact that this guy you're dating just happened to "find" you online AND that you had a previous relationship 15 years earlier...sent up a huge red flag to me.

He already knew your buttons... and when he stumbled across you online... well I believe he threw a lot of bs on the wall to see what would stick. Mind you he capitalized on your past relationship with him. He knew what you liked and didn't like... recounted memories of the "good ol days".... I'm sure the list is endless.
I guess I see your point and maybe it's true. But when he emailed me we emailed over a period of 3 months and only a few sporadic emails. And when we finally did get together I had called him and we just talked and had dinner. I didn't find it odd that he found me online or that he "searched" for me because we have sort of kept in touch over the years sending each other postcards, etc. So I didn't find it strange to hear from him. He has always been on my mind as well. When we were together before we had talked about getting married but I was only 21, graduating from college and wasn't ready. He has always said he had a hard time getting over me. I don't really know what to think anymore.