Old 06-15-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
augustwest
dopeless hope fiend

Originally Posted by bcboy View Post
Hey bochuck

I am in the same situation as you right now. Last weekend was tough because everyone in the neighborhood was drinking. I lost count of how many times I was offered.

This weekend makes 3 weeks now for me with no booze/weed and it does feel great and my wife is starting to see I am serious this time around. Like you I did not say anything about quiting I just put it all down silently "except for talking with everyone here"

But now I am getting a different set of questions that I had never got before. She is now a little upset over the weekend when time and time again refused a drink from friends and family. She thought I was being rude and is now worried that I am going to start dictating to her about having alcohol in the house.

Here is an off topic question for everyone here. What do you say when a friend not only asks you if you want a drink but walks over to you with a beer and opens it and puts in your hands. This happened to me and I just held on to it until he walked away to talk with other people and I poured it out on the grass when no one was looking and set the can down on the picnic table.

I did not know what to say because I had already told the guy 3 times I was not drinking before he did that. I did not want to come across like an A-hole.
I don't give a crap what i come across like in regards to drinking and drugs. I'm not gonna do it, no matter what, and if someone tries to question or force it on me they can get out of my life. Now, i will gladly explain that i don't drink/use anymore to someone just trying to be friendly, but if someone persists i'm gone. For the most part though, i avoid places and situations where alcohol is flowing.