View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
abnormalego
Down to Earth Astronaut

Red face Wanting to meet sober friends

Merry meet. My name is Zach. I have been an alcoholic for 6 years. I'm twenty five years old and am so glad I have recognized my addiction. I have been through it all, but am at that point in my life where drinking is no longer pleasureable. I have found that the shame and guilt that comes along with drinking leads me in a downward spiral of depression to the point of cutting off everyone in my life. When I try to reach out to people I no longer feel important or worthy of their attention. I am disconnected with reality and find myself creating a world of introversion that is harming me. I have made steps in the past to stop drinking. My longest was 62 days. Now I am 20 days into recovery, and through the graciousness of the mother I am thankful for each day of sobriety. I have become more of a spiritual person in the past couple of months which has been a huge motivation for me. I have made steps to look into the future and to follow my soul's direction. I guess this is just a little introduction to the group. It's hard to find sober friends out there and those worthy of my attention. Nice to meet you all. Blessed Be.