Old 06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bcboy

Hey bochuck

I am in the same situation as you right now. Last weekend was tough because everyone in the neighborhood was drinking. I lost count of how many times I was offered.

This weekend makes 3 weeks now for me with no booze/weed and it does feel great and my wife is starting to see I am serious this time around. Like you I did not say anything about quiting I just put it all down silently "except for talking with everyone here"

But now I am getting a different set of questions that I had never got before. She is now a little upset over the weekend when time and time again refused a drink from friends and family. She thought I was being rude and is now worried that I am going to start dictating to her about having alcohol in the house.

Here is an off topic question for everyone here. What do you say when a friend not only asks you if you want a drink but walks over to you with a beer and opens it and puts in your hands. This happened to me and I just held on to it until he walked away to talk with other people and I poured it out on the grass when no one was looking and set the can down on the picnic table.

I did not know what to say because I had already told the guy 3 times I was not drinking before he did that. I did not want to come across like an A-hole.