View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
infoseaker

New seaking help with options

Trying to keep it short. History: drinking for 30 years. Jan 2010 after a major weekend of drink I had massive liver issues. Several hospital tests confirmed stage 4 liver failures. One more drink and I die.
So, I quit until 2 weeks ago when I had a family reunion and then it continued last week while on a trip to Canada. I went off meds. And my body had a major downturn. Liver hurts, yellow eyes. Loss of motor skills. Went to the Dr. this Friday and they said I needed professional mental help.
Yes I knew it might kill me but I did it anyway. WHY? I had been not drinking for over 5 months with any issues. My wife is done with me and after 3 days of recovery this weekend and some major talks I will be going to a mental health provider this week
So there is some back ground.
My questions are what kind of mental health provider? And the bigger question is knowing that one more drink might be my last why did I start?
My wife thinks I have underlying issues with my family and I do. Issues with her, Yes, I did some research on the different types of Professional Counselor, Psychologists and social workers and do not know where to start
I am also concerned with going through insurance for rehab treatment and how it might effect my job
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks,
Info